Quantity Surveyor - South
Location: South East - Reading
Job Ref: SW1328
Closing Date: Closed
Quantity Surveyor - Home Based
Basingstoke, UK ? Bournemouth, UK ? Bristol, UK ? London, UK ? Portsmouth, UK ? Reading, UK ? Southampton
An exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a highly successful leading engineering and services businesses with a turnover of £500m and 3000 employees. Working across a variety of sectors within the building and infrastructure industry, their innovative, responsible and forward thinking approach allows them to work on fantastic ground-breaking projects, providing solutions using the latest tools and technologies.The role can be based from Home, (Hybrid Working) but there will be some travel involved.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, this role will support the business unit by managing the contractual and financial elements of projects undertaken. This includes large electrical and civil frameworks and major stand alone projects.
In addition, the role will include all other activities to enable successful P&L, cash flow and working capital management as well as ensuring all contracts, up and down supply chain, are fit for purpose, provide cash flow forecasts, measurement and valuations of works for applications, variations and final accounts with both clients and suppliers and CVR creation and management
- Previous experience in a Quantity Surveyor or similar role
- Working knowledge in Microsoft packages such as word, excel and outlook
- A Well-developed understanding of various forms of contract, specifically NEC and JCT, with the ability to apply these skills in a practical fashion to live projects
- A degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or other related discipline (can be substituted by a relevant HNC and suitable experience)
- Good MS Excel skills including the use of look ups and pivot tables.
- Experience with Civil Engineering and Construction projects.
Please send you CV quoting reference SW1328.